AS 9100 : Aerospace Products Quality Management System
Quality and reliability are very critical for the aerospace product manufacturer. For Aerospace Industry any mistakes or failure of products or services can be fatal. In such environment implementation and effectiveness of quality management system plays a key role in helping to reduce risks
Quality management systems have been used in the aerospace industry for many years. Efforts by members of the aerospace industry to establish a single common Quality Management System resulted in AS 9100, 9110, 9120.
- AS 9100 - Quality Management System Requirements for Design and/or Manufacture of Aerospace Products
- AS 9110 - Quality Management System Requirements for Maintenance Organizations
- AS 9120 - Quality Management System Requirements for Stockist Distributors
The Aerospace Standards are a series of specific standards based on ISO 9001 and developed by the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) to provide international consistency and address the specific regulatory, safety and reliability requirements demanded by the aerospace sector.
The aerospace series of standards cover the complete spectrum of organizations working within the aerospace sector, from design and manufacture to maintenance organizations and distributors of aerospace products.
The purpose of this document is to provide information and direction on the Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations’ expectations for implementation, transition and registration.
Due to the scope and depth of the information made available on-line, compiling all of the requirements in this document is not possible. In addition, requirements are constantly changing and these changes are being made available through various electronic methods. Client’s seeking AS 9100 C needs to familiarize themselves with industry expectations and keep abreast of changes as they occur.
AS 9100 is applicable to organisations that design and manufacture products for the aerospace industry including parts, components and assemblies.
AS 9120 is applicable to stockists and distributors of parts to manufacturers that supply the aerospace industry. This standard addresses chain of custody, traceability, stock control and availability of records.
AS 9100 IMPLEMENTATION BENEFITS
AS 9100 implementation improves / leads to
- POLICIES & OBJECTIVES set by 'top management'
- Conformance to Legal and Regulatory Requirements
- Controlled consistency of manufactured products
- Managed productivity and efficiency, controlling costs
- Competitive advantage and increased marketing and sales opportunities.
- Improved customer perception of the organization’s image, culture and performance.
- improved internal and external Communications
- greater understanding of the organization's processes
- clear responsibilities and authorities agreed for all staff
- improved use of time and resources
- reduced wastage
- greater consistency and traceability of products and services
- Customer Confidence, Satisfaction and TRUST
- Level of Assurance in Organizational QUALITY
- Organizational PROFITABILITY
- Ability to Differentiate Organization for Competitive Advantage
- Organizational Credibility & Reputation
Achievement of certification to AS 9100, 9110 or 9120 demonstrates a consistent approach to the aerospace industry accepted standards.
AS 9100 KNOW MORE
Who does AS 9100 apply to?
AS9100 certification can be used throughout the entire aerospace supply chain including the design and manufacture of airport and airline operations, replacement parts, supply and maintenance, cargo handling, overhaul and repair depots and flight operations.
What is the purpose of the AS 9100 standard?
The AS 9100 standard on quality management system requirements is intended to be used at all levels of the supply chain. Its use can result in improved quality, schedule and cost performance. This standard is primarily developed for the aviation, space and defense industry, but can also be used in other industries.